Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday Moments: In Everything...Give Thanks


You know, it's very easy to have pity parties for ourselves. And, most often than not, it's during the quiet times. When life isn't crazy busy, and our waking moments filled. It comes when we hear of God's blessing on others, and we think, "Why not me, Lord?".

We overlook with everything God has blessed us with, and wait discontentedly for God's timing on others. This was me last week, and God showed me that the answer wasn't pity parties, but being thankful for blessings--big and small--that He gives each day.

Thankful for:

1. I am so enjoying the birds chirping after a long winter!
2. Clean water and being able to use a filter.
3. Naturally curly hair that takes minimal work :D
4. A kind, gentle dentist that took away my painful tooth!! [Want to see pictures? :D]
5. And with that, anonymous [sweet!] folks who paid for the procedure.
6. Being included in a special 3 year old's birthday tea party.
7. A wonderful visit from the B family this past weekend. Late night talks, get togethers, and junk food splurges :D
8. My reclining and massaging couch I was blessed with by one of the sweetest couples in our church.
9. Working in a hospital and seeing so many sick, hurting people, I am so thankful for my health.
10. The Lord's mercies that are new every morning.

No comments: