Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Creamy, Dreamy Oreo Dessert



This is one of the most loved desserts I've ever made.

I'm sure I got the inspiration from somewhere--perhaps my Kraft book??--but I have made it my own way for the last, oh, say dozen times.

It is so incredibly simple, has 4 ingredients, and can be whipped up in no time. The hardest part is allowing it to sit in the fridge for a couple hours to soften the cookie bits.

This dessert is so creamy and LIGHT {texture wise--definitely not in calories!} that it is a perfect complement to a heavy meal.




Creamy, Dreamy Oreo Dessert
Me
Inspired by Kraft

4{8oz} blocks of cream cheese
1 liter whipping cream {use the highest % of fat. I use 35%}
1/2 to 1+1/2 cups icing sugar
Either a package of  Mini Oreo cookies, or a regular pack you break into pieces. In the pictures above, I've just broken Oreo cookies into pieces. 

1. In a bowl, mix the blocks of cream cheese one at a time until smooth.

2. Starting with 1/2 cup of sugar, blend into the cream cheese. Keep adding sugar until it is just a little bit too sweet. Set aside.

3. Next, you'll want to whip your cream until it gets to the "hard" stage. A little bit before it turns into butter :D {I don't add any sugar to my cream...that's why I over-sweeten the cream cheese mixture. In the end, it all works out!}

4. Now, using a third of your whipped cream, gently fold it in your cream cheese mixture. Continue until the whipped cream and cream cheese mixture are fully incorporated.

*Don't beat! Otherwise, you will lose all that fluffiness you just whipped into the whipping cream!*

5. Fold in the Oreo cookies/pieces. Transfer into a trifle bowl and decorate with more cookies/pieces!

You can either eat it right away, or chill in the fridge until you are ready to eat. It's all a matter of whether you want your Oreos to be crunchy or soft. I've always taken it to church, so mine sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Either way, I hope you enjoy!!


I had buttered chicken for my first meal in my new apartment...one of 3 I've made for myself :P

See, I do eat real food...once in a while {I ate leftovers for at least a week! I really have to find me a cookbook for 1 person meals} :D


On a side note...it was really, really, really good. I didn't mind the leftovers. :)

No comments: